Year after year, Temple, Texas, continues to grow as businesses expand and relocate to enjoy the many benefits of operating here. Temple boasts the advantages of a strong supporting infrastructure without the obstacles posed by larger urban environments. Temple EDC promotes the many assets of doing business in Temple to attract employers and talent alike. Our team has secured over $2 billion in total investments this decade.
With nearly 10,000 new jobs projected within the next five years, 2019 was no exception to our thriving economic growth model. Here are a few of the development highlights that prove Temple will continue to be on the rise well into the next decade:
- In February, Niagara Bottling announced a $90 million capital investment for a new bottling facility. This 50-acre campus in Temple Industrial Park will create 70 new jobs. In October, Workforce Solutions of Central Texas hosted a job fair for Niagara, and led to the hiring of 25 local workers.
- Private investments and a combined commitment from Temple Economic Development Corporation (Temple EDC) and the City of Temple will bring more than $8 million in projects to Downtown Temple. Learn more about the redevelopment efforts here.
- In May, longtime Temple employer Wilsonart launched a joint venture with Hyundai L&C to create American Surfacing Materials. The new The 135,000-square-foot facility features the most state-of-the-art production equipment available in the engineered surfaces industry and created 50 new jobs.
- Dallas-based specialty rehabilitation hospital company Everest Rehabilitation Hospitals opened a 36-bed facility in August. This $23 million capital investment will result in 120 new jobs in the Temple Medical & Education District (TMED).
- In October, KEG 1 O’Neal celebrated the grand opening of its expanded distribution center, which now totals 108,000-square-feet. This $11 million capital investment created the new facility which houses a regional office and commercial distribution warehouse. The consolidation and expansion project created 50 new jobs in Temple.
- Construction on Cargill’s 70,000-square-foot $34 million expansion of its Animal Nutrition & Health facility was completed in August. The Temple facility employs 26 people and is capable of producing nearly 500 thousand tons of bag and bulk animal feed each year.
- EastPenn is home to the largest battery manufacturing facility in the world. In 2019, EastPenn announced a $106 million investment that will expand the current facility by 300,000-squarefeet. This expansion will create 266 manufacturing jobs in Temple.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @TempleEDC to join the conversation and stay abreast of all the economic development activities taking place in Temple, Texas.