The holiday season in Temple is an opportune time for the community to celebrate noteworthy accomplishments that took place throughout the city over the past year. From Revol Green’s $110 million expansion to major advancements in the region’s technology sector, like Rowan Green Data’s $300 million Hyperscale data center. Temple is a prospering city with much to look forward to in the new year.
Long time Temple residents know December offers a host of festive activities to keep the season bright. Here is a taste of what the city has cued up.
Lights, Gifts and Holiday Activities
- Online shopping comes with the risk of buying the wrong size or color and having to go through the trouble of a return or exchange. Why not find something for everyone on your list at one of the many local shopping options including Temple Mall, Market Place Shopping Center and Temple Towne Center.
- The Hub, a 10,000 square foot building in downtown Temple which recently received its historic land marker, offers visitors an aesthetically charming shopping experience complete with brick walls, wooden columns and stamped tin ceilings. Whether you’re looking for artisan soap, home decor or vintage finds, you’ll find just the thing at one of The Hub’s 40+ unique vendors.
- A Fort Hood annual tradition is returns for its 25th year. Open nightly through Jan. 2, Nature in Lights is a five-and-a-half-mile holiday light display running through Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (BLORA). Guests can tune into BLORA’s synchronized holiday music on 91.9 FM while driving through dazzling illuminated displays and animated décor.
- Get ready for a holiday event unlike any other! Reuben D. Talasek Bend of the River Christmas will take place on Saturday, Dec. 18 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. With snow slides, a snow party, Cowboy Santa and more, the entire family is sure to have a blast at this event that has become Temple tradition!
- There’s something for everyone in Temple, and the holidays are no different. This year the 21st annual A Very Merry Cowboy Christmas will take place at the Frank W. Mayborn Civic & Convention Center, giving older adults a beautiful, holiday-themed dinner and dance complete with live music.
Temple, TX is not only a great place to live during the holidays, but its community-based environment makes it a great city to do business in year-round. Are you interested in growing your career or business in Temple? Learn more and get in touch with our team to become a part of our thriving community.