Whether you’ve lived in Temple for years or are just beginning to call our growing community “home,” you’ll soon find the month of December offers a plethora of holiday activities. From outdoor excursions to shopping and performances, Temple offers holiday activities for everyone on your nice list!
- Peruse the shopping centers of Temple to find gifts without a commute or fighting holiday traffic. From The Hub in downtown Temple, to Temple Mall, Market Place Shopping Center and Temple Towne Center, you can find everything you need for everyone on your list right here in our community.
Trim the Tree
- After you finish shopping, head the Robinson Family Farm for cider, fresh wreaths and beautiful live Fraser Fir Christmas trees. The farm is open daily through December 15 (or until the last tree sells!).
Performances and Light Displays
- Each weekend in December, the Cultural Activities Center will transform into a winter wonderland during the Nutcracker Ballet. Performances feature the Texas Metropolitan Ballet as well as Classical Ballet Conservatory at Lisa’s Dance Connection. This family holiday favorite is appropriate for all ages.
- During Nature in Lights, take a drive through Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area to soak in the splendor of the holiday season! Experience five miles of illuminated displays, computer animation, architectural and foliage lighting, and tune into BLORA’s FM 91.9 for synchronized holiday music. Rumor has it Santa will even be making appearances!
- Come to the Reuben D. Talasek Bend of the River on Saturday, December 21 from 3-7 p.m. for the 4th Annual Bend of the River Christmas! Get your tickets early for this hometown holiday event featuring two snow slides, cowboy Santa, and a barrel train along with a snow party and lots of activities for everyone.
We hope you enjoy your holiday outings in Temple, Texas. Visit us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @TempleEDC. Join in the conversation of all the things that make our community a great place to live, work and play by tagging your posts with #TempleTexas. We hope to see you out and about this holiday season!